1. When you create an account in Pelangibooks.com website, you need to fill in the necessary details. Contact email address and password are very important. Once you have created an account with us, you are responsible for all sessions and transactions taken under these details. You must keep your account and passwords confidential and do not authorize any third party to access or use the service on your behalf, unless we provide the mechanism for that. You must contact us right away if you suspect misuse of your account or any security breach in the service.
2. You should notify us via email as soon as possible if there are any changes in your account details, such as your credit card billing address. You may update your details by signing into your account on Pelangibooks.com website.
The contract between us
1. Any contract for purchases made through Pelangibooks.com website will be with Pelangi Multimedia Technologies Sdn.Bhd. (registered office at Lot 8, Jalan P10/10, Kawasan Perusahaan Bangi, Bandar Baru Bangi, 43650 Selangor)
2. Pelangibooks.com must receive full payment for the ordered goods before your purchase can be accepted, and the contract formed. Payment is taken at the point of order. Once payment has been received Pelangibooks.com, we may notify you by sending a confirmation to the email address you provide in your account. The order confirmation email will include your name, the order number and the total amount. Pelangibooks.com acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between us on these terms. Any term sought to be imposed by you in your order will not form part of the contract.
3. Pelangibooks.com is entitled to withdraw from any contract in the case of obvious errors or inaccuracies regarding the goods appearing on our website. If an error or inaccuracy is discovered with regards to the advertised price of the goods that you have ordered, we will contact you as soon as possible by email. This will inform you of the correct price of the goods, and to seek your agreement if you wish to continue with the order at the amended price, or to cancel the order.
Withdrawal by you from the contract
If you are an individual and are not buying goods on behalf of a business, there are certain circumstances in which you may withdraw from the contract and these are set out here. This right to withdraw does not apply to business buyers.
1. If you wish to withdraw upon receiving the goods, you must notify Pelangibooks.com via email within twenty-one days and bear the costs incurred to send the goods back at the address stated above.
2. If you have received the goods before you withdraw your order, you must send them back to Pelangibooks.com return address at your own cost and risk, unless the goods were supplied faulty or damaged. If you withdraw your order after Pelangibooks.com had processed the order for delivery, you must not unpack the goods upon receiving and send the goods back to Pelangibooks.com return address at your own cost and risk as soon as possible.
3. Once Pelangibooks.com received the returned goods, the amount of the returned goods will be credited into your E-wallet account as soon as possible and in any event within thirty days of your order.
Availability of goods
If any of the goods you ordered with Pelangibooks.com is not available or insufficient, we will notify you as soon as possible. Pelangibooks.com will credit back the amount payment received for the unavailable goods into your E-wallet account and we will notify you by the email you provide in your account. The refund will be made as soon as possible and in any event within thirty days of your order. Pelangibooks.com will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered. Please note that we endeavour to bring our customers the best value we can by running special offers and stocks are limited at the special offer price, and subject to availability. Please visit our website as often as possible to avoid disappointment. Please note that the price of the goods offered for tender are as displayed in your online cart.
Delivery of goods
Pelangibooks.com will post, or arrange a courier on your behalf, for the goods ordered by you to the person and address you provide to Pelangibooks.com at the time you make your order. Delivery will be made as soon as possible after your order is accepted and in any event within thirty days of dispatch of the order. All delivery times quoted on the website are for estimation purpose, which based on the availability of the goods, smooth processing and punctuality of delivery companies. You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when the goods are dispatched to you from our distribution centre.
When ordering goods from Pelangibooks.com for overseas delivery, you may be subject to import duties and taxes that are levied once the package reaches your country. Any additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be.
Customs policies vary widely from country to country, so you should contact your local customs office for further information. In addition, please note that when ordering from Pelangibooks.com, you are considered the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the country in which you are receiving the goods.
This is as follows:
1. If the goods Pelangibooks.com delivered are not what you have ordered or are damaged or defective or an incorrect quantity, Pelangibooks.com shall have no liability to you unless you notify Pelangibooks.com in writing to Pelangibooks.com's email or contact address of the problem within ten working days of the delivery of goods in question.
2. If you do not receive goods ordered by you within thirty days of the date on which they were dispatched to you, Pelangibooks.com shall have no liability to you unless you notify Pelangibooks.com in writing to Pelangibooks.com's email or contact address of the problem within forty days of the date on which the goods were dispatched to you.
3. If you notify a problem to Pelangibooks.com under this condition, Pelangibooks.com only obligation will be, at its option, to make good any shortage or non-delivery; to replace or repair any goods that are damaged or defective; or to refund the amount paid by you for the goods into your e-wallet account.
4. Pelangibooks.com will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of any problem you notify to Pelangibooks.com under this condition and Pelangibooks.com shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund the amount paid by you for the goods into your e-wallet account.
5. Nothing in this condition is, however, intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit into your e-wallet account liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from its negligence.
Nothing in this contract creates any right which is enforceable by any person who is not a party to the contract.
Pelangibooks.com shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver the goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond its reasonable control.
If any part of these conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which Pelangibooks.com excludes its liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
Pelangibooks.com operates a complaints handling procedure which is used to try to resolve disputes when they first arise. If you have a complaint, please contact the Customer Service department at the following address: Customer Service, (Tel: 603-89269553 / email address:
The contract between us shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law, and the English courts shall have jurisdiction to resolve any disputes between us.
These terms and conditions, together with the current Pelangibooks.com website prices, delivery details and Pelangibooks.com contact details, set out the whole of our agreement relating to the supply of the goods to you by Pelangibooks.com. These terms and conditions cannot be varied except in writing signed by a director of Pelangibooks.com. In particular nothing said by any sales person on behalf of Pelangibooks.com should be understood as a variation of these terms and conditions or as an authorised representation about the nature or quality of any goods offered for sale by Pelangibooks.com. Pelangibooks.com shall have no liability for any such representation being untrue or misleading.
The nature of Internet communications means that your communications may be susceptible to data corruption, interception and delays. Pelangibooks.com shall not be responsible for any detrimental reliance you place on this website or its contents.
Pelangibooks.com is providing this site and its contents (including any downloadable data or software) on an 'as is' basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this site or its contents and disclaims all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. In addition, Pelangibooks.com makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness or suitability for any particular purpose of the information and related graphics published in this site or that any software or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. The information contained in this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All liability of The Book Depository Pelangibooks.com any such inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
Neither Pelangibooks.com nor any of its Directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this site in any way. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
Our website may contain hyperlinks. These hyperlinks connect you to sites of other organisations which are not our responsibility. We have used our reasonable endeavours in preparing our own website and the information included in it is done so in good faith. However, we have no control over any of the information you can access via other websites. Therefore, no mention of any organisation, company or individual to which our website is linked shall imply any approval or warranty as to the standing and capability of any such organisations, company or individual on the part of Pelangibooks.com.
All design, text, graphics and the selection or arrangement thereof are the copyright of Pelangibooks.com, or of other copyright owners. Permission is granted to electronically copy and print in hard copy portions of this site for the sole purpose of placing an order with Pelangibooks.com, or using this site as a shopping resource. Any other use of materials on this site (including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above and modification, distribution, or republication) without the prior written permission of Pelangibooks.com is strictly prohibited.
Pelangibooks.com and Pelangibooks.com logo are registered trademarks belonging to Pelangi Multimedia Technologies Sdn.Bhd. All other trademarks, product names and company names or logos used in this site are the property of their respective owners. No permission is given by Pelangibooks.com in respect of the use of its or any such other trademarks, product names, titles or logos and such use may constitute an infringement of the holder's rights.
Submitting text for publication on Pelangibooks.com
1. Users of our site may submit material for publication in various areas of the site (e.g. reviews and comments). We accept no liability in respect of any material submitted by users and published by us and we are not responsible for its content and accuracy.
2. If you want to submit material to us for publication on Pelangibooks.com, you may do so on the following terms and conditions:
- Publication of any material you submit to us will be at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to make additions or deletions to the text or graphics prior to publication, or to refuse publication
- You warrant to us that any material you submit to us is your own original work and that you own the copyright and any other relevant rights
- You warrant that the material you submit is not obscene, offensive, defamatory of any person or otherwise illegal
- You agree not to post material which is deliberately intended to upset other users
- You acknowledge that any breach of these warranties may cause us damage or loss and you agree to indemnify us in full and permanently against any third party liabilities, claims, costs, loss or damage we incur as a result of publishing material you submit to us, including consequential losses.
- We reserve the right to remove your access to individual services completely if we believe you are abusing the services in any way.
In these terms and conditions:-
- 'Pelangibooks.com' means Pelangi Multimedia Technologies Sdn.Bhd, any connected organisation that actually supplies goods ordered by you and any successor to its business;
- 'Working day' means every day of a calendar year apart from weekends and statutory and public holidays;
- 'Us' means Pelangibooks.com and you together; and
- 'You' and 'your' means the person ordering goods under these terms and conditions.